Damn, just wrote a whole load of stuff about Kuranda and the rain forest but aghhhhh managed to wipe it all. Ok here is the short hand version.
1) Got the scenic mountain train there, great views
2) Pie at Annabel’s, nice – 30 different types to be tried.
3) Walked in forest, no snakes, spider as big as hand.
4) Saw freshwater crocodile!
5) Boat trip met some nice people. Fed turtles from boat – ducks stole bread.
6) Another walk
7) Was 2 hours late for return trip on cable car (read wrong time on ticket) but got it sorted out.
8) 45 minute trip across top of rainforest. amazing views